Keg Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keg Management

Has anyone had experience with KegID app by Anotherround App. It looks great and is reasonably priced and should save a lot of time managing a growing keg inventory. I am evaluating it and thought I should see if anyone has any opinions. I am using an Android phone and I am concerned that is has been designed for an iphone.

We use it to manage about 100 kegs. It's missing some tracking intelligence here & there, but works pretty well. The staff at anotherround apps is helpful and responsive. I would love a formal API. Works just fine on android, but the barcode scanner periodically stops working & needs to be reinstalled.
    --Dean Brundage
    Owner / Unscrambler of Eggs
    Blake's Steaks Sandwich Shop
    (650) 823-3389

Comment

I've been considering this but I'm struggling with the price - I am not seeing the ROI. To manage 2000 kegs would cost about $250 per month - or $3000 a year. I can buy over 30 kegs for that - I'm not losing track of that many -

It could help me know who's got what and how long they've had it which could help the sales team - but at 40% margin on a $140 keg - its got to help me move at least 53 more kegs a year. Is that a reasonable expectation of this app? Anyone using it? Is that a realistic expectation?

Comment

We just spent some quality time with Microsoft Excel and a Keg Check-In Log that the staff uses to record returned kegs.
        Russell Everett
        Co-Founder / Head Brewer
        Bainbridge Island Brewing
        Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment

Inteli-keg

Inteli-keg

hands down

full stop
          Alex Postelnek, Lead Brewer
          Funky Buddha Brewery
          Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33334
          (561) 945 - 4584
          alex@funkybuddhabrewery.com

Comment

Keg Tracking Utility if using a Distributor?

Hey guys -

I fight a continual battle trying to get kegs back from our distributor in a reasonable time, I'm sure this is a common refrain. (Incidentally, I'd be curious what the current rule-of-thumb is on # of kegs required per tap handle...)

Anyway, I'm curious how much utility something like this has given that my distributor will surely *not* be using it. The only "ammo" it provides me is asking why a particular keg(s) has been out for 10 weeks, but beyond that I have no visibility to where in the distribution chain the keg is stalled.

I did do the Excel tracking sheet for many months and finally it just overwhelmed us. Maybe I was trying to capture too much data. With that said, it was nice to be able to know if a keg had been in the wind for many weeks.

I guess I'm wondering if I can justify another $50/month to rebuild my ability to accurately hound the distributor for my kegs.

Justin
            Justin Smith

President & Business Development
            Ten Sleep Brewing Co., Inc.
            2549B Highway 16
            PO Box 406
            Ten Sleep, WY 82442
            tensleepbrewing@gmail.com
            www.tensleepbrewingco.com
            www.facebook.com/TSBCo

Comment

Working...