Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4yr Professional Brewer seeking Managemnt Op

Greetings fellow industry professionals,

I have been professionally brewing for over four years and looking for the next step. I have been the head brewer, the brewer, the cellar man and filter man. I understand how a brewhouse works at it's optimal. I have started up a brewery, done a complete build out and enjoyed the challenge of all it. Have stayed actively involved in the local homebrew club as well.

I am seeking a management position at a brewery. Whether on production, brewhouse or cellar, I am capable.
    Thank you for your time and consideration.

Please see below for my resume and I have reference letters upon request.

Thanks,

~Johann~

Johann David Fultz – Brewer JohannDavidFultz@gmail.com

OBJECTIVE:

Obtain a position utilizing my management, technical expertise and maintenance skills in the brewing industry.
    My goal is to work with a dedicated team to create a great handcrafted product.

Huss Brewing – Brewer – Tempe, AZ Sep 2013 – Mar 2014
    • Worked on creating and brewing first seven house beers and 4 contract brews on a brand new Specific 30 bbl sys – 36 total brews
    • Performed startup duties of new brewery i.e. replacing augur, adjusting mill for maximum efficiency and cleaning & wrap 400 new kegs

OHSO Eatery + nanoBrewery – Head Brewer – Phoenix, AZ Jun 2012 – Sep 2013
    • Designed & Built 1.5bbl brewhouse including grain, lab, fermentation and cold area – brewed about 200 bbls total
    • Sourced and created working 45g plastic cone fermentors with working racking arms at proper yeast flocculation level
    • Created a brewing program for the general public to come in and brew a 9g batch of their beer and a YouTube Brew How To video
    • Trained employees on all brewing duties and responsibilities – cleaning, carbonating, paperwork
    • Worked with distributor reps to order beer, setup festivals and trained bar manager into beer buyer
    • Worked with staff on what beers tapped & how to sell and the cleaning/maintenance of the pub’s 42 beer lines
    • Posses refined beer knowledge and an acute sense of smell, distinguishing flavors and colors in beer
    • Facilities management and upkeep – ordering, fixing, creating and cleaning anything & everything required in a busy brewpub

Total Wine & More – Beer & Spirits Concierge – Gilbert, AZ Jan 2012 – July 2012
    • Performed variety of beer & spirit classes for general public – ranging from basics to advance of history, smell and taste
    • Interacted for 8 to 12 hours with customers to inform customers about products & answer any questions about beer or spirits
    • Organized assigned areas daily, performed yearly inventories at 4 locations, worked with distributors about current & new products

Rogue Ales – Cellerman, Filter Operator & Distiller Trained – Newport, OR March 2011 – Sep 2011
    • Gained an understanding of the complexities of operating on a 100 bbl sys/60k bbl per yr production brewery
    • Experience with a 100g Still – Distilling Gin, Rum and Whisky; also tasting complexities of the cuts required & hand bottling spirits
    • DE Filter operation and troubleshooting at 85 bbl/hr with many types of beer- Velo type machine
    • Lead Cellarman for a varied 32 tank farm – Trained employees on Cellarman duties and responsibilities – cleaning, carbonating, paperwork
    • Transferred beer into oak barrels from tank and then back into tanks using bull dog, also cleaning of barrels including sulphur burning
    • Cleaning/Maintenance of a pub’s 31 beer faucets & keg lines on a bi monthly routine, using pump and full CIP routine
    • Bottling line machine operation at 120 min with 12 oz, 85 min with 22 oz and 75 min with 7oz, also cleaning & fixing of machine
    • Racking and cleaning with an IDD machine – 13.2gal, 5gal, 15L, and International key kegs
    • Growler filling on automated machine – 2 fill tubes operated pneumatically, hand sealed, labeled and boxed
    • Forklift driving, stacking proficiency in a 5 high and 6 across cold room, also filling propane tanks manually
    • Home brewing experience on a self built ½ bbl system, practice with hop varieties and yeast usage practices

Glacier Brewing – Assistant Brewer – Polson, MT May 2010 – Oct 2010
    • Gained an understanding of the complexities of operating on a 10 bbl sys/600 bbl per year and maintaining all brewery logs
    • Experience with a 32 Plate & Frame filter – Operation, cleaning and troubleshooting
    • Operated on 4 head Heritage and 6 head Longneck – Meheen Bottling Machine & organizing orders for pickup from distributor
    • Maintaining a daily cold room inventory and performing monthly inventory reconciliation
    • Cleaned & re-insulated entire glycol sys and Hop & Beer garden groundskeeper – 10 lb Hop Harvest

VOLUNTEER SERVICE
    • Tasting judge for 2013 & 2014 AmeriCan Festival & volunteer during AmeriCan 2012 -14 and Chandler Beer & BBQ 2013-14
    • Several time tasting judge for Crescent Crown Distributing in house Homebrew Competition sponsored by Miller Coors
    • Actively involved in local homebrew club – AZ Society Homebrewers (ASH); judging, event planning, festival volunteer

REFERENCES and Reference Letters available
Working...
X