Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pay structure for full time salesperson...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay structure for full time salesperson...

Howdy,

Were looking to take on a full time sales person this fall after the summer rush, but are having a hard time finding any info on what kind of pay structure breweries are using for compensation...

Ideally we would like a mix of salary/commission. Job will include plenty of night and weekend work that isn't always directly reflected in "Taps gained"

Does anybody want to share what kind of structure they start a sales person at at their brewery? Ideally along with some info on brewery size and production levels.

Cheers!

el

Lots of lookers, no talkers?

Anybody care to chime in on this? We would sure love some help... Any sales guys out there care to share your past or present pay story? Any breweries want to share how they keep there sales team happy?

TIA

el

Comment

Average starting for an entry level guy with no experience is typically 30-35k with a bonus structure up to 40k with benefits such as healthcare plus mileage. Anyone with 2-5 years experience will be looking for 40-45k and bonus up to 50k-55k. Also territory size does matter, the larger the territory the more travel, which equals more pay.

Sorry it is kind of vague info, but I can't share specifics.

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for the info. I wish I could have got a few more people to chime in but at least I have a starting point now...

Cheers!

Comment

No commission

Originally posted by el_mocoso View Post
          Thanks for the info. I wish I could have got a few more people to chime in but at least I have a starting point now...

Cheers!
          US Beer is on target. This is not a commission job. Server incentives, wait staff trainings and festivals are as important as placements. Salary, bonus, car or mileage allowance and expense account is standard. I was a national sales mgr for a large brewery. Relationships with distributors must be built if you use them.

Comment

Wholesale Rep for 4 years just left for a start up to be their brewery rep.

I would say 35-40k Salary . With potential for sales objectives or small commissions. I was drawn in by the potential to grow with the company. I would dangle that carrot.

Comment

Working...
            X