Operations Manager - Downeast Cider - Boston MA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operations Manager - Downeast Cider - Boston MA

Hello professionals brewers. Downeast Cider is looking for an operations manager. I will be perfectly honest and tell you that I am not quite sure what that entails. Below you will find a partial list of things I think we need. But it is more about finding the right person with the right experience to fit in and help where they are most valuable. One thing or another will not necessarily disqualify you.

First, a little about us. We are a small but quickly growing (2500 bbl a year ago, projected 7500 bbl this year, and hopefully way more next year) cidery based in Boston. That's about it, I did say a little. Checkout our website/facebook/twitter/instagram/blog for more background.

Here is what I think we need:
    -First and foremost, someone with lots of experience on the operations side. Particularly packaging. Experience with canning is a major plus, almost a must-have. Experience with a Cask canning line would be perfect.
    -Second, more experience. Anything and everything related to fermenting beverages would be useful. We are sorely lacking on the experience side of things. If you worked your way up through the ranks at a previous job and saw a little of everything that would be great.
    -Third, willingness to work hard to get the job done, no matter what it takes. We have grand plans for the future. The right person could go very far but there will be an expectation for a serious amount of upfront effort before any reward.

As to what the actual job entails on a day-to-day basis, that depends on the person's strengths. Could be anything and everything from equipment maintenance, equipment ordering, packaging line operation, creating SOPs, making sure employees adhere to SOPs, inventory control, coordinating with suppliers, and distributors, etc.

The normal stuff applies, must be able to work long hours in hot/cold, lift heavy things, stand for a while, blah blah blah (is there some legal reason why all these ads sounds the same that I should know about?). Salary commensurate with experience. Health insurance benefits available.

So, if the opportunity to get in early at a growing cidery intrigues you, send me an email. matt@downeastcider.com.
Working...
X