Plate Filter for a 5bbl Brewery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plate Filter for a 5bbl Brewery

Hello we are currently looking for a plate filter or something similar to filter about 5bbl/h. Ive been surfing in the web and haven't find anything for that size. If some one can contact me with a manufacturer or distributor of beer filters or just give some info i would appreciated.
    JOE

Originally posted by joecalderoni View Post
    Hello we are currently looking for a plate filter or something similar to filter about 5bbl/h. Ive been surfing in the web and haven't find anything for that size. If some one can contact me with a manufacturer or distributor of beer filters or just give some info i would appreciated.
    JOE
    more beer pro has a couple that are perfect for your size. and reasonably priced.

Comment

Don't get a 20x20, you'll drive yourself crazy. Spend the extra money and go for a 40x40. I like these guys: http://www.cellartek.com/products/fi...heet_press.php but there's several winery suppliers that sell Spadoni or similar filters. We have a Spadoni Kappa 4 and just this morning ran 21 bbls of Kolsch on a fairly fine pad through it in about an hour and fifteen or so.
      Russell Everett
      Co-Founder / Head Brewer
      Bainbridge Island Brewing
      Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment

FWIW... I use one of those 20x20 filters on 2-stage (5 micron then 1.5 micron) and it works pretty well on our 6BBL tanks. Sometimes I have to change the pads halfway thru if the yeast didn't floc well. But it's certainly doable.

Comment

Working...
        X