Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO2 tank size?

Hi everybody!
    So I am wondering what the proper pound CO2 and oxygen tanks I should get for our system. It's a 7bbl system with 4-7bbl fermenters and 5-7bbl serving tanks with carb stones. We will have a total of 10 taps with 3 guest beers and 2 rootbeers in small 70 gallon tanks. I would like to get one more serving tank so maybe get a little bigger tank for growth. Also we are not kegging or bottling and we will never have room in this location. Thanks for the continued help!
    Cheers and be merry
    MickDuff's Brewing Company
    Duffy Mahoney

Co2

Hi All can anyone please just tell me the normal size tank for a 7bbl system is? Our local Co2 guy has no idea what size will work. Thanks
    Cheers and be merry
    Duffy Mahoney
    MickDuff's Brewing Company

Comment

Duffy,

You are probably best off getting a bulk liquid CO2 tank. The cost of the CO2 this way is much cheaper than going with 50# bottles. They offer these tanks in 200, 400, and 600 lb sizes (and larger). I would guess for a 7bbl system that a 200 lb tank would be fine for a none kegging operation. I hope that helps!

Comment

Cheaper per pound for sure, but bulk CO2 tanks can be pricey. The daily rental fee (if there is one) may blow any bulk purchase savings.

I've got a 10bbl micro, just in year one, and I've just stepped up from 20# to 50lb tanks, though that change was a bit overdue.

Some places charge rental fees, some a deposit, some both... just be sure to shop around.

Good luck.
        Scott

Comment

I like having a few of each (3 50# tanks and 3 20# tanks). I have noticed the 20# tanks seem to freeze up the regulator faster for some reason on bottling day.

We are using a 7 barrel system.

Comment

you should be able to rent a 600#mve bulk liquid co2 tank from your supplier for about $40 per month...and then by the co2 for $0.20 or so per pound. We are a brewpub doing about 1000 bbls per year, and we use about 300 pounds per week...it is hooked to the soda system too.

note: the tanks with atmospheric vaporizers can only give up about 15pounds per hour without freezing....not really a problem in a 7bbl brewery.
            Larry Horwitz

Comment

Working...
            X