Source for filter parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for filter parts

The brewery I work at has had an issue with the plates, on our Velo 60x60 plate and frame filter, breaking and cracking while under pressure. It has only happened a few times but it is come to the point that if this happens 3 or 4 more times there wont be enough plates to maintain pressure. So my question is if anyone knows where I can source more plates for this type of filter.

Scott Labs sold us our Velo, different model but they deal in all the parts.

Andrew Wooller
    Service Department

2220 Pine View Way
    Petaluma CA 94954
    Toll Free:1-800-821-7254
    Last edited by BrewinLou; 11-03-2014, 01:30 PM.
    Joel Halbleib
    Partner / Zymurgist
    Hive and Barrel Meadery
    6302 Old La Grange Rd
    Crestwood, KY
    www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

We use Scott Labs for our Velo 60x60 parts. We haven't had any problems with cracked plates since we started using the filter press in mid 2012. We average 650bbls/day and run ours at a little over 2 bar.

At what pressure do you run yours and how many barrels are you pushing through it a day?

Cheers.
      Ryan

Anchor Brewing Co.
      San Francisco, California

Comment

Originally posted by rakers View Post
        We use Scott Labs for our Velo 60x60 parts. We haven't had any problems with cracked plates since we started using the filter press in mid 2012. We average 650bbls/day and run ours at a little over 2 bar.

At what pressure do you run yours and how many barrels are you pushing through it a day?

Cheers.
        We push through about 80 bbls a day and it pushes at just over 2 bar. How many plates does your filter have? The one we has 58.

thanks for the input
        Last edited by hatzidar; 12-08-2014, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X