Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using K250 and/or HS2000 filter pads? How do they work for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using K250 and/or HS2000 filter pads? How do they work for you?

We've used K250's from Pall in our plate and frame filter press for a few years and recently started using HS2000 pads as well. The HS2000's aren't working as well. With the HS2000s, pressure starts building after as little as a 150-200bbls through the press in situations where the K250's wouldn't have budged.

I'm curious if anybody else is using HS2000 pads and is having similar experiences.

Cheers.
    Last edited by rakers; 12-09-2014, 11:49 AM.
    Ryan

Anchor Brewing Co.
    San Francisco, California

Now first off, I have not used either of these filter sheets. However, looking at the spec for the pair of them, the K250 is designed for clarification of, for example apple juice. The HS 2000 is designed for clarification of enzyme solutions / suspensions. This suggests to me that the HS 2000 is much finer pore diameter, and will thus block quicker. If you are not satisfied with the quality of the K250 on their own, it looks as though you need a two stage filtration system, with a coarser one (based purely on their specs - K700 or K800, followed by EKS for removal of bacteria and yeast - i.e. sterile filtration. Alternatively HS 4000 followed by HS 1000.

It looks as though you are simply trying to pull out too much in a single pass. If you are not worried about total removal of yeast & bacteria then HS 4000 or K 700 look as though they should be fine.

Best bet of course, is to talk to Pall themselves.
    dick

Comment

Working...
    X