GPS Truck or Fleet Tracking on a small scale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS Truck or Fleet Tracking on a small scale

For a variety of reason we are looking to track our trucks.
    We only have six trucks total.
    We have looked into Fleetmatics.. Seems like a solid organization and one of the better solutions..
    Anyone had a bad experience with them? Comments?

Anyone using something different. Any war stories to share?

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance
    Cape Cod Beer

GPS tracking

I did some consulting work for a company that did this. They had their employees use verizon phones and used the standard verizon tracking software in the phone track the movements of the truck and driver vs putting hardware in the trucks. They then had software that integrated with the phone that was able to tell them everything they needed to know. They could tell when the truck was moving and how fast, how fast the driver was moving at the various locations they were delivering to. There were parameters they could setup to issue alerts if the driver moved out side and areas they wheren't suppose to be, if they where exceeding the speed limits in various areas etc.

It was pretty slick and worked well for them. Sorry I can't remember the name of the software they were using to integrate with the phone that was almost 3 years ago or so. I'm sure a little research and you could uncover it, it is probably a lot more robust now.
    Trent
    Shades of Pale
    Park City UT

Comment

Working...
    X