Iowa??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa??

Has anyone thought about starting an operation in iowa? I know it would be a pretty hard market to really tap into, has anyone considered it or considering?

Ioway-That's where the tall corn grows!

Being from Iowa I can tell you that it is a hard market for craft brews, as is much of the Midwest. However, there are several great brewers doing it now.
    I would suggest you look up Old Capitol Brewery in Iowa City, Millstream in the Amanas, a host of breweries in Des Moines, and others that I haven't visited yet. I'm sure they can give you some insight, Iowas needs more craft beer in my opinion.
    I'm also sure those fine Iowa brewers are reading this and can post some info.

Proud to be a Hawkeye!
    Matt Van Wyk
    Brewmaster
    Oakshire Brewing
    Eugene Oregon

Comment

I am the assistant brewer at Millstream and love going to old capital for their thursday firkin nights Paul9formerly of rock bottom and abitta brewing) is awesome. I was just throwing this post out because I am of the same opinion, Iowa needs more. Things are slow right now, being winter and all, and wondered if anyone had any plans the might want/need help with. Racoon River in Des Moines and granite city in cedar rapids are also fun places to go.

Comment

Working...
      X