Milwaukee Nano Brewfest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee Nano Brewfest

Looking to do a little nano Brewfest this summer at my (non distributing ) brewpub. I have the ability to close down a small street section infront of my pub, set up simple booths and have a Brewfest featuring Nano breweries. I see this as an opertunity for smaller breweries to break into the hot Milwaukee beer market. The Bay View neighborhood that I am located in is the craft beer epicenter of Milwaukee and would offer good exposure.

I would like to discuss this event and hopefully solicit some working nano breweries to be a part of it. If there was a lot of interest I would lean toward the more local breweries but I know how tough it is as a nano keeping up with production so I'm thinking most will decline based on production needs.

Attached is a picture from google maps showing my location. The small section of street right in front of my pub can be closed for booths and bands. The triangle across the street is likely fair game as well. The parking lot next to my building belongs to my neighbors who would likely be a part of this as well. cafe lulu is highly respected upscale casual food and would likely allow a tap takeover for brewers who don't want to do a booth.

Things I'm thinking:
    Fence it off and do tickets or just sell beers, or beer coupons for use at the booths?
    Do a formal judging panel of local craft beer bar owners?
    Other ways of getting bar owners or local distributors to take part?
    Keep this to nano breweries? 7bbl or under?

Let's discuss! Any experience with these kinds of things is helpful.

Matt
    D14 Brewery & Pub
    2273 s Howell ave
    Milwaukee, wi. 53207

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	193665

I think I just heard a cricket

Comment

Originally posted by mmmatt View Post
      It seems most of the "nanos" active on here are fever dreams. Anyone running a real, functioning nano probably doesn't have time to spend on internet forums.

Comment

Nano fest

Originally posted by mmmatt View Post
        I recommend you reach out to Rogue in PDX. They've been running a Nano Fest out of Green Dragon for several years and might have some good insights for you.

Comment

May be you should make it "brewers only" fest. No beer distributors. You have a great idea but sometimes for nano it is hard to attend a beer fest.

Did you contact Black Husky or Plymouth brewing. Not sure how many nanos are there in MKE area.

Comment

Originally posted by nateo View Post
            It seems most of the "nanos" active on here are fever dreams. Anyone running a real, functioning nano probably doesn't have time to spend on internet forums.
            I was thinking this might be the case.

Originally posted by admin View Post
            I recommend you reach out to Rogue in PDX. They've been running a Nano Fest out of Green Dragon for several years and might have some good insights for you.
            I will try that.

Originally posted by Thirsty_Monk View Post
            May be you should make it "brewers only" fest. No beer distributors. You have a great idea but sometimes for nano it is hard to attend a beer fest.

Did you contact Black Husky or Plymouth brewing. Not sure how many nanos are there in MKE area.
            There are quite a few startups but we are all hitting it pretty hard to keep up. Black Husky , and many others I'm sure, have waiting lists.

I'm changing gears and going to just try for local Breweries not necessarily Nanos. I'll probably stat another thread for advice about the festival format.

Thanks Guys

Matt

Comment

self-distributing brewers fest

Hi Matt,
              While not quite small enough to be a nano (10 Bbl brewhouse), we're a brewpub in Madison doing a little self-distributing to the Milwaukee area. I like the idea of a little guys (and gals) only festival, and I agree Bayview would be a sweet place to hold it.
              Please let us know if anything materializes.
              Cheers,
              Scott
              Vintage Brewing Company
              vintagebrewer at gmail dot com
              (email is best, I don't check Probrewer messages often)

Comment

I work for a 1bbl nano starting up in Oconomowoc. we are just getting our state permit soon I'd love to join you.
                Josh Kueffer
                Brewer
                Leisure Brewing Co
                Myztik83@yahoo.com

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X