How many KW/HP for CIP pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many KW/HP for CIP pump

I am in the process of ordering a CIP system and I have received quotes for systems with pumps ranging from .75KW to 3.5 KW (~1 to 5 HP). The CIP unit is 100 liter alkali/sanitizer tanks for 2000 liter conicals.

What do you guys use?

-C

How much power the pump uses doesn't really say much, except how much it will raise your electric bill.

Flow rate and pressure are more of interest to know.

Comment

Originally posted by grnis View Post
      How much power the pump uses doesn't really say much, except how much it will raise your electric bill.

Flow rate and pressure are more of interest to know.
      The quotes I got says 5 M3/hour to 18-36 meter. Does that make sense and does it sound be adequate?

Comment

What sizes are your hoses/pipes? If they are 1", the pump will do. But not if it's 1,5".
        I'd get a pump with higher flowrate and slightly higher pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by grnis View Post
          What sizes are your hoses/pipes? If they are 1", the pump will do. But not if it's 1,5".
          I'd get a pump with higher flowrate and slightly higher pressure.
          They are 1!. I will ask for a more powerful pump. Thanks.

Comment

Buy it cheap...

A 1hp high speed motor on a mediocre pump will sufficiently clean a 20hl tank. Pressure and flow are not that critical with simple sprayballs. They do not clean by impinging; they clean by throwing liquid on a surface and sliding down the tank. The action is chemical, not mechanical. I like the Top-Line 100 pumps for simple tasks like this. Now if you had actual rotating machines instead of sprayballs, then that would be another discussion...
            Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

HP required for a CIP pump

Hi,

I would think a 1 1/2 HP pump should be enough for a 2000 liter conical. However the difference in cost between a 1 1/2 HP and a 2 HP pump is very slight ($100) so if you are planning on expanding maybe go with a 2 HP.

Here are a couple of links to you can compare the two different pumps.

TF-C114MD 1 1/2 HP Portable pump

TF-C114MD 2 HP Portable pump

Click image for larger version

Name:	C114 1 HP new grey wheel.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	190669
              Your CPE Systems Team!
              CPE Systems Inc.
              800-668-2268
              CPEsystems.com
              Thinkpumps.com