kegs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kegs

good morning fellow brewers well im started to send beer out to a wholesaler now my big problem is kegs
    it seems im too small (7bbl) for pay to fill programs they keep pushing me towards leasing program after sitting up for nights crunching numbers the leasing programs there not much left at the end for any thing
    seems like ill be wasting my money. I know buying my own is worth it but the amount I need is a little out of reach right now
    here what im asking
    what other keg programs out there
    who seems to work with you the best
    and if I decide to buy who have you worked with

any help would be great
    brewer in need matt cheers

Leasing is a necessary evil until the business has the cash flow to buy them outright. We have been leasing since we opened. We did the math on the cost/keg and lease terms, they weren't hugely more expensive than buying them, but you get to stretch that payment out over 3 years. We will move to purchasing kegs before long, but for now this is the best option, the cash its better spent on more tanks as we grow right now. We use Keg Credit and Keg Logistics. Both are easy to deal with, and both use Franke kegs, which are very high quality.

Comment

jebzter thanks for the info I was talking with keg credit im sending the paper work to them this after noon
      cheers and thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TTB Helper
        You might also want to try MicroStar. I've used them for my own brands and have used them for clients. One thing to remember when running the numbers is to accurately account for loss on your own kegs. I've seen loss rates north of 15% annually.

I don't get a commission from MicroStar so this is a purely objective recommendation. I usually deal with Derek VanGelder. He just set up a client of mine in IA and did a great job. You can e-mail him at dvangelder@microstarkegs.com

Good luck,

Gary
        Microstar doesn't usually touch breweries under 10k bbl/yr. They usually send the small breweries to KegLogistics. Or at least that is my experience with them.

Comment

Keg Rental & Pay Per Fill

KegCraft is another option to Microstar. Our minimums are smaller than have traditionally been available in pay per fill. Our float of over 200,000 kegs allows us to be big enough to handle almost any size brewer, yet small enough to you your name. We have been around since 2009 so we are a proven performer.

We also offer rental and rent to own keg programs for brewers with 18, 24, 36 month programs. Often times brewers start with one of our rental programs and move to a pay per fill program as soon as they are large enough.

Ben Shipper
          KegCraft Keg Management Service
          ben@kegcraft.com

Comment

Originally posted by 3guysandabeerd View Post
            good morning fellow brewers well im started to send beer out to a wholesaler now my big problem is kegs
            it seems im too small (7bbl) for pay to fill programs they keep pushing me towards leasing program after sitting up for nights crunching numbers the leasing programs there not much left at the end for any thing
            seems like ill be wasting my money. I know buying my own is worth it but the amount I need is a little out of reach right now
            here what im asking
            what other keg programs out there
            who seems to work with you the best
            and if I decide to buy who have you worked with

any help would be great
            brewer in need matt cheers
            We've been using Keg Logistics and they are very quick and easy to deal with. You've crunched the numbers so you know how painful it is to lease over time, not to mention watching that $$$$ leave your bank account every month can be rough. Do everything you can to buy your kegs. Gopher out of Bend has very reasonable prices.
            Justin Smith

President & Business Development
            Ten Sleep Brewing Co., Inc.
            2549B Highway 16
            PO Box 406
            Ten Sleep, WY 82442
            tensleepbrewing@gmail.com
            www.tensleepbrewingco.com
            www.facebook.com/TSBCo

Comment

Working...
            X