New Yeast Container

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Yeast Container

I am currently brewing on a 3BBL system and doing single batches into 3.5BBL fermenters. I am upgrading my fermenters to 6BBL ones and will be double batching. Right now I am planning on doing more double brew days than two brew days in a row. I am currently using 1gallon glass jars from Uline to harvest and store my yeast. With these containers I fill 2 of them for each batch, but If I need to pitch enough for a 6BBL batch I would like to not have 4 of these jars for every strain and generation in the cooler. Does anyone have any recommendations for a larger container that I could collect and store my yeast in?

Cornies would work

There is a section in "Yeast" that talks about using them.
    Bill Walden
    Oddball Brewing Co.
    Suncook, NH

Comment

Originally posted by Crosley View Post
      I am currently brewing on a 3BBL system and doing single batches into 3.5BBL fermenters. I am upgrading my fermenters to 6BBL ones and will be double batching. Right now I am planning on doing more double brew days than two brew days in a row. I am currently using 1gallon glass jars from Uline to harvest and store my yeast. With these containers I fill 2 of them for each batch, but If I need to pitch enough for a 6BBL batch I would like to not have 4 of these jars for every strain and generation in the cooler. Does anyone have any recommendations for a larger container that I could collect and store my yeast in?
      A 5 gallon carboy seems to fit that math.

Comment

We have three 3 bbl ferms and a 7bbl fermenter and lots of times for imperial beers we need a full 5 gallons of yeast after we do a cell count for a 7bbl batch. We ended up getting a 7 gallon chronical fermenter from morebeer.com for use as a yeast brink.we do our cell counts per gram. After the first 3bbl batch is in the fermenter we hook the yeast brink conical up to the bottom port and pressurize the 7 gallon conical brink to 3-4 psi and run in the yeast. We put the brink on a scale and hit Tare and we can watch to make sure we get ~20,000 grams (depending on gravity and cell count) in the fermenter.

Comment

Working...
        X