No announcement yet.

Plastic fermenter racking arm location.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic fermenter racking arm location.

Please excuse the ignorance but I was wondering if anybody has a baseline on where I can put a racking arm or transfer valve on 110 gallon plastic fermenter, if I was to put it on the cone what gallon level should I go out does anybody have experience. I don't want to use the full drain out in the bottom I want to leave as much crud behind as possible. Any help would be much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 110 gallons I would put it to 4 gallons mark.

Comment

Thanks!! I was thinking around the 5 gallon mark! So I wasn't far off

Comment

Originally posted by Oldklavebrew View Post
        Please excuse the ignorance but I was wondering if anybody has a baseline on where I can put a racking arm or transfer valve on 110 gallon plastic fermenter, if I was to put it on the cone what gallon level should I go out does anybody have experience. I don't want to use the full drain out in the bottom I want to leave as much crud behind as possible. Any help would be much appreciated

What are you using for a racking arm? I'm actually trying to figure out the same thing. I installed a bulkhead and 1.5" MPT TC fitting and wanted to use a SS racking arm from Stout Tanks, but the angle of the bend is too great to fit through the fitting let alone the fitting and the bulkhead. I had thought about using a compression fitting with a stainless tube. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Try http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.co..._1.5_Inch.html

They also will customize to your needs from what I read on homebrewtalk.com

Comment

Good info. Because I'm still up in the air on what I was going to use

Comment

Working...
            X