Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expanding Distribution Network and Estimating Volume in PA and nearby states.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expanding Distribution Network and Estimating Volume in PA and nearby states.

Hello

I am responsible for the sales of a 15BBL brew house focused on production in PA. We currently have a footprint in the northern counties of PA (rural). I am tasked with predicting the potential increased volume that will occur from opening new territories. We are reasonably priced and will be offering 2/12 pack 12oz NR along with draft. For the four wholesalers that we will be working with I was estimating around 5000 case equivalents(Very Aggressive). We have space and money to expand to a larger brew system but my job is to decide what size and how much potential sales are out there. I sold for a wholesaler for 5 years before I made the jump to work with this brewery. I have a fairly strong grasp on what to expect from wholesalers close to the one I worked. I am in need of help on what to expect out of state and in the cities.

Assumptions

1. Further away from our local market decreased sales volume.
    2. Further away from local market greater difficulty finding ID distributors.
    3. I am going to work my ass off promoting and will possibly have to hire more sales people to close out PA.

Questions

1. Does the increased competition in Urban Areas reduce the expected volume?
    2. What would be a fair estimation for volume in a city like Philly vs Pittsburgh?
    3. Are relationships with wholesalers handled the same outside of PA?
    4. What is the question I should be asking ?

Any help would be appreciated
Working...
X