Wanting to change careers to brewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting to change careers to brewing

I am a Medical laboratory scientist in Missouri and I have my Bachelors of Science in science in Cellular and Molecular Biology from Missouri State University. I have been trained in culturing, laboratory QA, and other advanced techniques that most likely would not be used in the brewing industry. I have also spent some time volunteering in my local brewery, which was a summer internship 3 years ago. I want to work in a science application in the brewing industry, either for a brewery or otherwise, but I am willing to work in bottling, packaging, brewing and any other area that I would be needed. I like most people in this industry have experience home brewing as well maintaining home cultures of yeast, so my love for this industry has been developing with my exposure to this craft. I am not necessarily assuming that I will get a job offer through this post, but what I would like is some information about positions. I would love to know what people with my background in science are being paid/what I should expect for compensation. I understand that you do not work in this industry to make money, which is why I am considering leaving my current field at all, but I believe that if I want to pursue this passion I have, then I need to be able to plan for what type of income I should expect. I am willing to live just about anywhere so I am hoping that someone will have a little information for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Ben
Working...
X