Church sign off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Church sign off

I've got 2 churches within 500 ft. of the building I'm trying to buy. One has given verbal permission to put my Brewery in, I've left messages with the other. I haven't found where I might need those permissions in writing. Anyone with any experience able to share their thoughts? Thank you.

Originally posted by edward.huston View Post
    I've got 2 churches within 500 ft. of the building I'm trying to buy. One has given verbal permission to put my Brewery in, I've left messages with the other. I haven't found where I might need those permissions in writing. Anyone with any experience able to share their thoughts? Thank you.
    Edward,
    Verbal permission, written permission, okay hand of God...these all will take a back seat to what your state alcohol control and the TTB allow. For example, here in Montana, we are not allowed to be any closer than, I believe, 300 feet from a church or school. Regardless if that school or church wants us there.
    Check with the authorities and save yourself some headaches!

Prost!
    Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Thanks Dave. Michigan has a 500 foot rule that can be waived if the church or school doesn't file a formal objection within 15 days of being contacted by the mlcc. I'm buying the building from the city & have an out written into the offer. Just seeing if anyone has any ideas on a CYA form I could have the church board sign that I could send in with my app.

Comment

In PA, the LCB, uses the 300' rule only to determine if a protest is valid. If the church or school is within that zone (Valid), they will examine the reasons for the protest. If they deem it a legitimate reason to not issue the state license, they will hold a hearing, at which you can appear on your behalf. Its pretty specific what the reasons are for a valid complaint. There are no provisions for any preemptive actions. I had this discussion twice with the PA LCB (Liquor Control Board)
        Last edited by elsk707; 10-24-2015, 05:06 AM. Reason: minor change

Comment

Originally posted by edward.huston View Post
          Thanks Dave. Michigan has a 500 foot rule that can be waived if the church or school doesn't file a formal objection within 15 days of being contacted by the mlcc. I'm buying the building from the city & have an out written into the offer. Just seeing if anyone has any ideas on a CYA form I could have the church board sign that I could send in with my app.
          We have a similar situation where I am in Alabama; the church has to actively object

Comment

Working...
          X