Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glycol header insulation type?

Hey everyone,
    I'm going with 1.5" ABS for my glycol header loop for our 4hL fermenters. Just wondering what everyone recommends for pipe insulation around the header? On McMaster-Carr I'm finding two that I could use:

Fiberglass 1" thick
    Foam

I would lean to the foam just because if there is a leak it wouldn't go all gross and moldy and there isn't issues with condensation, but I'm not sure what the requirements are in terms of R-value/etc etc and the fiberglass has better insulating properties, and it does say the fiberglass one is suitable for cold piping applications also.

If there is another style I'm missing I'd love to hear recommendations also!
    Thanks in advance!

Id recommend a 1" wall thickness closed cell elastomeric foam insulation.

Make sure you seal all the joints with adhesive. Some people will wrap this with a white PVC cover thats "cleanable".

Armacell makes ArmaFlex®, the most trusted brand in closed-cell foam mechanical insulation, and supplies component foams engineered for a wide range of markets.

Not sure where you could source this in your region, any refrigeration contractor or supplier should have access and be able to source- perhaps grainger or mcmaster may also carry.

Good Luck,

Jim
    Pro Chiller Systems

Comment

Working...
    X