Lallemand Abbaye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lallemand Abbaye

Brewing a Belgian Tripel with this today, has anyone else tried this yeast?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Levadura_Lallema_551147f4b0405.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	193799

We did a pilot batch Blonde with this. Pitched at 20C and let it free rise to 25C. Lots of Isoamyl acetate with some clove. Seemed to mellow after primary. Will condition it for 2-3weeks and let you know.

Comment

We just did a double Abbey with dark and light candi sugar with this yeast, first time using it. Tried it after primary and it's pretty damn good, attenuated well, very faint licorice
      flavor that I expect will mellow after aging a few more weeks. Will follow up.

Comment

Just an update on this yeast. After 3 weeks of cold conditioning this beer looked like it was filtered. Lots of banana with a little spiciness. Profile of something like Leffe. Much prefer this one for a Blonde than the Fermentis (better for Dark Strongs).

Comment

Hello from Lallemand

Originally posted by vincemash View Post
          Brewing a Belgian Tripel with this today, has anyone else tried this yeast?

[ATTACH]24819[/ATTACH]
          Hi,
          My name is Caroline and I am the East Coast Rep for Lallemand Brewing Yeasts. If you would like more information on the Abbaye please do not hesitate to email me at cparnin@lallemand.com .
          Cheers,
          Caroline

Comment

I've used this yeast a couple times. I've made a 9.5% Tripel and a Belgian dark strong. It attenuates very well, and imparts pleasant esters. Banana and bubblegum were both noticeable, but also finishes surprisingly clean.

Comment

We bottled our abbey ale that was produced with this yeast. It's really fantastic and great as it ages.
              Yesterday we brewed a wet hopped dubbel. The fermentation hasn't begun and it's been about 22 hours so I'm a little worried. Used our normal yeast nutrients and oxygenated adequately with our O2 stone

EDIT:
              Started fermenting a couple hours after posting. PHEW!
              Last edited by wlw33; 11-09-2015, 08:17 AM. Reason: update

Comment

Lallemand Abbaye

Originally posted by wlw33 View Post
                We bottled our abbey ale that was produced with this yeast. It's really fantastic and great as it ages.
                Yesterday we brewed a wet hopped dubbel. The fermentation hasn't begun and it's been about 22 hours so I'm a little worried. Used our normal yeast nutrients and oxygenated adequately with our O2 stone

EDIT:
                Started fermenting a couple hours after posting. PHEW!
                Hi this is Caroline from Lallemand Brewing Yeasts. I have a couple thoughts and questions for you that could help give us both an understanding on the long lag phase. Please feel free to contact me at cparnin@lallemand.com for any feedback or questions!
                Cheers,
                Caroline Parnin

Comment

Working...
                X