What are people buying? 1/2 BBL or 1/6 BBL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are people buying? 1/2 BBL or 1/6 BBL

I'm looking for some info on what most of your customers are buying? I'm trying to plan for both keg inventory needs as well as revenue projections. I've heard that things are trending more towards the 1/6 bbls but I'm looking for some first hand feedback. What are your customers buying more of? A % of volume sold in one vs the other would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!

It can vary from market to market and month to month. We find that some of our customers want sixtels the first time and if it sells well, they move to half bbl. Other places only buy half bbl, and others only buy sixtels. It really depends on whether they have a cold room for the kegs or kegerators and how many taps. We average about 50/50 in total numbers of kegs sold, volume wise, sixtels do not account for much. It is an ongoing project for us, we are always reviewing sales by beer and setting ratios for our keg outs.

Comment

Thanks for the post! This is helpful information. And I know it's going to vary from market to market and I expect more 1/6 bbls initially trending towards 1/2 bbls as customers reorder (assuming they have space as you said). With the difference in profit margins it just makes such a huge difference in projections. Just trying to get the moving target to slow down a bit. Thanks for your help Jebzter.

Comment

Working...
      X