Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increasing brewery retail store sales

Hi!

We've been open for 3 yrs now and we've seen a gradual increase in our brewery retail store sales but seems we've hit a plateau. Our retail space isnt big, it's at about 350 sqft so we can't have a tap room but we have a bar with a few stools where people can come in and enjoy a pint.

We are located in a small town of 4000 ppl, 30 minutes from the nearest city and right beside the main highway between Montreal and Ottawa. We've invested into highway road signage and this has drawn a lot of tourist so that was a great investment that paid off quickly.

Starting in jan 2016 we'll be releasing one new beer a month as we noticed this draws a lot of people when we release something new.

We're thinking doing tasting/education nights at the brewery on our production floor.

We want to maximize our space to the full retail potential.

I'm looking for new ideas that has worked for some of you and that are willing to share. If you wish to share privately send me a private message.

Thanks!
    Cheers!

Mario Bourgeois
    www.CasselBrewery.ca
    Casselman ON Canada

re

You may consider combining with other activities would be great like football. Besides, you can also cooperate with some local stores for bind selling.

Comment

Originally posted by CasselBrewery View Post
      Hi!

We are located in a small town of 4000 ppl, 30 minutes from the nearest city and right beside the main highway between Montreal and Ottawa. We've invested into highway road signage and this has drawn a lot of tourist so that was a great investment that paid off quickly.

We want to maximize our space to the full retail potential.

I'm looking for new ideas that has worked for some of you and that are willing to share. If you wish to share privately send me a private message.

Thanks!
      Like you we are in a small town and will be opening Q3 2016. I expect when we 1st open lots of curiosity seekers will beat down the doors then we will have a leveling off.
      As I have been actively involved in the community doing other efforts i.e. BSA, Lions Club, County Fair etc. my name is known.
      To keep the taps flowing we are planning on the following:
      Corn Hole competitions with other local watering holes
      3rd Fridays - an art exhibit of whatever art is available - digital, paint, music, drawings
      Painting with a Twist - as we will be serving wine will use this to draw in the women - they prepay to paint a picture while sipping wine
      Bio Diversity walks - as a naturalist at heart we will be sponsoring a local river clean up annually
      The Peoples Tap - this will be a 1 bbl tap of what locals would like to try. It will be our experimental exposure. Ppl submit recipes and it is voted on by patrons. We then brew the beer with the recipe originator and sell it.

Msg me if I can be of any assistance.
      Greg of Crooked Rooster Brewery

Comment

1 new beer a month is a great piece of value that you could use as a way to build an email list of dedicated beer-lovers. Have you considered offering an early-access pass to anyone who subscribes to your email list? Maybe you open the brewery for your education nights 1 hour early, and only invite the people who are on your email list to the early-access event. That way your most dedicated fans get the one-on-one time that they want to share, and ensure that they get first dibs on the new brew. During that time, you get to build an email list that you can tap into any time you want to market anything from your retail. It's a bit of a longer-term solution, but would pay off in spades once you get a decent-sized list rolling. The people on your email list would undoubtedly become your best customers, simply because they get treated special, and people love that.
        I help breweries manage their websites faster. I do this with smart, sustainable web design.

Best WordPress Plugins for Breweries | About My Beer management plugin, BrewBuddy

Comment

To increase packaged beer sales, it's crucially important for breweries to understand what motivates customers to stop by and pick up beer to-go. The best way to do this is to survey or interview your customers and map out their influences with Drinker Profiles. We at Kegstand created a free research guide and template to help brewers create Drinker Profiles. If you'd like to download the guide, click the link below or reach out to me by email -> AWagner@kegstand.us

Download Free Research Guide & Template:
          https://www.kegstand.us/brewing-reso...guide#Download

Comment

Working...
          X