Bud Specialty Brewing Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bud Specialty Brewing Group

Big 10x8 ad in tho local (Northeast Ohio) entertainment paper emploring you to vote for a new beerfor Ohio, made in Ohio.

Anyone else seen this in your area?

Interesting tactic, but man, the names suck and the tap handles are a bit frightening.....would expect some better marketing from the top banana.....or is that what they are going for....or think thats what we're all about and thats how you apeal to craft beer drinkers?

JackK

They're advertising three beers(Devil's Hop Yard, Stone Face Brown Ale and Leaf Peeper Pils) in New England as a contest, letting the consumer choose what will be their new "local" beer. Obviously it will just take tap and shelf space away from the little guys, either lessenign their ability to moe their product while AB pushes these brands until they discontinue them or they put enough hurt on small breweries.
    Cheers,
    Mike Roy
    Brewmaster
    Franklins Restaurant, Brewery & General Store
    5123 Baltimore Ave
    Hyattsville,MD 20781
    301-927-2740

Franklinsbrewery.com
    @franklinsbrwry
    facebook.com/franklinsbrewery

Comment

Scarily enough, I got to try their Nitro Stout at the CBC. It would give Guiness a run for its money. Not bad, and I would have never guissed it came from them.
      I reckon their attitude is that if you can't buy 'em you beat 'em at their own game. Micros are starting to hit significant market share and maybe they're looking at the success of the Blue Moon product (Coor's, I belive) and taking a page from the book.

Comment

Scary thought. Deep pockets and lots of clout with the distributors. This happens in a lot of industries though. You just got to keep one step ahead and don't try to fight them at their own game. It does say a lot for what AB & Coors (yes Brian, Coors owns Blue Moon) think of the craft beer trend and it's future. Maybe 10% market share is possible.

Comment

Working...
        X