Tap Handle Deposit??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tap Handle Deposit??

We have been thinking about starting to charge a deposit for our tap handles. What got me thinking about this is I went into an account to deliver some beer and there were a few hundred handles just collecting dust in their basement. This isn't the first time I have seen this but it is worst.

So the question is does anyone charge a deposit on handles? And if you do is there push back from your draft accounts? If you want to know were your tap handle is shoot me a PM

Click image for larger version

Name:	holytaphandles.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	193984

Holy crapola! Hoard much?!?
    I would definately charge THAT account a deposit.

Prost!
    Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

we charge our distributor $25 per handle
      Mike Eme
      Brewmaster

Comment

We charge our distributor now but didnt when it was just me running around putting kegs in places. I think i maybe had 4 tap handles out at a time and it was all accounts that i could walk in and get it back if needed. I would if you think you are going to run into a problem with your accounts but some places might not like that. I can understand why you look at that place and say holy S haha.
        Bog Water Brewing Co. est 2012 revived 2013

Comment

In our neck of the woods tap handle collecting accounts are the norm not the exception. Many of them will decorate their bar with them also not just hoarding them in the basement. I know that a couple breweries around here charge a deposit on handles. I don't think that it will be a huge shock if we started charging one.

Comment

tap handle costs?

Just curious,, how much do these tap handles cost,,, or a range of values?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X