What if we get approved before all of our equipment is in place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if we get approved before all of our equipment is in place

We've been waiting about 6 weeks on our Brewer's Notice approval. I had hoped to have our renovation at our location begun during that time, but our contractor has been delayed with a previous project. I've also heard there is a chance that Notices can be approved in as little as a month, so putting these thoughts together, I'm beginning to get concerned about this:
    What if we get approved before all of our equipment is in place?

Along with that, we have planned on getting a Brite Tank for tax determination and that's what our TTB application states. However, its looking like our budget would work better starting out with tax determination via keg fills. I've read on a separate forum topic that I simply need to contact TTB and update them on that part of our application and it should be no big deal.
    Is this true and does anyone have additional insights to offer?

Thanks so much for your help!
    Wages Brewing Company
    West Plains, Missouri
    The Middle of Nowhere Never Tasted So Good!

Hoping someone has this knowledge. Thanks in advance!
    Wages Brewing Company
    West Plains, Missouri

Comment

We got approval quite a few months ago and won't be open until next July. Our equipment is being stored onsite in containers. I file my TTB quarterly statements and just write "still under constructions." So far, there hasn't been any issue.

I don't know about your second questions but I imagine just updating your application is all that is required.

Personally, I found the whole TTB process pretty easy and the folks there were really helpful when I had questions.

Cheers,
      --
      Don

Comment

Tax Determination

We just got approved by the TTB a couple weeks ago. At first, we tried to say that we would use kegs as a tax determination tank. They weren't having any of that. We updated and said we would use our brite tanks as tax determination tanks and then all was fine. Others may have found a way around this, or maybe it was just our TTB rep that wasn't a fan of this.

As far as your timing issue... It took us almost 6 months to get approved. We were on them like white on rice towards the end of the process, but it really just took us forever! Also, the TTB says they CAN send an inspector, I believe, but as backed up as they are, we heard they haven't inspected in quite a long time. Our Illinois state inspector wanted to see our equipment, or at least proof that it was on order, but the TTB just wants to see how you're planning to set up your brewery.

Good luck to you!

Comment

Good to know! Thanks!

If anyone else has different experiences, I'd love to hear.
          Wages Brewing Company
          West Plains, Missouri

Comment

Originally posted by Stubborn German View Post
            We just got approved by the TTB ........Also, the TTB says they CAN send an inspector, I believe, but as backed up as they are, we heard they haven't inspected in quite a long time. Our Illinois state inspector wanted to see our equipment, or at least proof that it was on order, but the TTB just wants to see how you're planning to set up your brewery.

Good luck to you!
            Thanks so much! I think I am biting the proverbial bullet and ordering the brite tank. It's going to make things easier anyway; just a big expense for a shoestring budget.
            Wages Brewing Company
            West Plains, Missouri

Comment

Working...
            X