Knox box rapid entry for first responders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knox box rapid entry for first responders

My building inspecter might require a knox box rapid entry for first responders to my brewery. Does anyone know if this allowed under the federal TTB permit? Maybe due to untaxed beer being drunk in the middle of the night by off duty fireman?

thanks

Most likely the TTB would let that go, I have read nothing regarding it via the TTB but there is a lot to read. The first responders would be responding to an emergency which is official enough. If the first responders come into your premise your alarm would be going off and you would be notified. Just b/c they get a key does not mean they get free access.
    Joel Halbleib
    Partner / Zymurgist
    Hive and Barrel Meadery
    6302 Old La Grange Rd
    Crestwood, KY
    www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

I'm a fireman, soon to be retired. That's bs, unless your city has adopted and created their own fire code. Or make it a part of doing business in your town. The Knox keys are usually by zip code or city. So if anyone got in and the fire/police dept were missing a key, you would know. Firemen drink beer, yes. But not thieves......

The Knox box is very secure, they can be a part of the building or screwed in or even welded into spaces. Sometimes they are mounted in an area that require a ladder to get them.

The TTB shouldn't care, just don't offer it up I guess. If someone wants in they will get in, if a fireman wants in, well my friend, you might have to replace a couple Windows and doors if there is no Knox key!

Comment

Thanks for the responses, before I sit on hold for the TTB, I wanted to see if anyone had this experience. My builder stated that some places don't allow them like pharmacies,due to drugs.

thanks again, I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
        X