PBST Kegs with Chinese Spears - Junk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBST Kegs with Chinese Spears - Junk

I purchased a couple pallets of PBST 1/6 bbl kegs about two years ago, and since then have had about 1/4 of them fail to drain when on the keg washer. After replacing the keg coupler on my IDD Keg washer, and speaking to several folks, we have determined that the issue was the black gasket inside the spear. PBST was nice enough to send me a bag of replacement gaskets and some tools to disassemble these, but after spending several hours disassembling and re-assembling these I am confident to state the following -

The chinese spears in these PBST kegs are junk (or at least the gaskets are). Save yourself some money and time and make sure that you get micro-matic spears if you buy their kegs. I don't have anything bad to say about PBST in general, except that they should have just replaced the spears rather than making me waste my time rebuilding the junk spears that came with their kegs.
    Last edited by fa50driver; 12-18-2015, 07:25 AM.

If not Micromatic, throw it back....

Completely agree. Demand Micromatic keg spears. If you can't afford Micromatic for something this basic, then you are wasting your time, money, and natural resources on garbage. Fair disclosure--I have nothing to do with Micromatic.
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Yes, in all fairness, I'm sure that there are other manufacturers out there non using micro-matic spears with quality products, and I'm not even sure where micromatic spears are made, but just beware of cheap spears in general. I've learned my lesson the hard way...

Comment

I have dozens of Micromatic spears sitting around. These need new gaskets, but are otherwise fine. PM me if interested.
        Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
        Terminal Gravity Brewing,
        Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
        X