Label/Can Art Costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Label/Can Art Costs

I'm trying to determine a very rough industry standard for label/can design by a professional designer. I really like the concepts given to me by a potential artist, but I almost choked his estimates on cost. I'd appreciate a few responses as to what people are spending on a service like this. Thanks!

$50 to $50,000. How is someone going to know what an industry standard is? There isn't a standard. There are thousands of companies who will do logo art and they all have their own prices. Most of them are going to try to sell you a package that will include such things like; logo, branding, research, a complete theory on the brand, a website, X months of handling your social media etc. They try to hide itemized costs by "bundling."

If you just want a logo done, be very clear with them. It might be better if you tell us what the price was and exactly what it covered. Easier to provide an opinion on that rather than us to tell you what some standard cost is. There isn't standard costs for this stuff. It's creative. Joe Jerkoffski on facebook might want $350 to do a logo. The guy on Madison Avenue will want $50-100K, but he will "bundle" a shitload of "services" to justify it.

Comment

I've been quoted $90-110 an hour from various shops.

Comment

Also, if the design requires an illustrator, and not just a graphic designer, expect to pay a lot more--it's a rare skill.

Regards,
        Mike

Comment

Thanks BeerBred

Originally posted by BeerBred View Post
          $50 to $50,000. How is someone going to know what an industry standard is? There isn't a standard. There are thousands of companies who will do logo art and they all have their own prices. Most of them are going to try to sell you a package that will include such things like; logo, branding, research, a complete theory on the brand, a website, X months of handling your social media etc. They try to hide itemized costs by "bundling."

If you just want a logo done, be very clear with them. It might be better if you tell us what the price was and exactly what it covered. Easier to provide an opinion on that rather than us to tell you what some standard cost is. There isn't standard costs for this stuff. It's creative. Joe Jerkoffski on facebook might want $350 to do a logo. The guy on Madison Avenue will want $50-100K, but he will "bundle" a shitload of "services" to justify it.
          I'll be more specific. We've already got all of our branding, website, etc... figured out. This cost would be to specifically design a can. The can design would really be a template that future cans will revolve around. The beer name is chosen but other than that, the artist has license to go his own way. He wants $5000 for the first can with successive can designs dropping in price because the look itself will be established. Does that help?

Comment

Originally posted by Crosstown View Post
            I'll be more specific. We've already got all of our branding, website, etc... figured out. This cost would be to specifically design a can. The can design would really be a template that future cans will revolve around. The beer name is chosen but other than that, the artist has license to go his own way. He wants $5000 for the first can with successive can designs dropping in price because the look itself will be established. Does that help?
            If this person/firm is worth a damn then that is inline from what I've seen.

Comment

Funny how people here are so vague here in their initial posts like we're mind readers. Yes, specific to a can is very important. Cans require a special template for their manufacturer. Also, colors render different on a can than paper or a computer screen. So when the manufacturer asks you to come for a color check, that's why. Once you approve, you're paying should you realize the color is off. Agree with "FloorMalt." If the guy has done a can before, $5000 seems in line.

Comment

Working...
              X