Help pricing and sourcing nano equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help pricing and sourcing nano equipment

I'm sure this is a common topic, but I'm in the early planning stages of opening a nano-brewery with 2 other partners. The biggest obstacle at this stage has been budgeting for equipment. Any help this awesome community can offer is greatly appreciated.

Here's what we're looking at:
    • 3.5-7 bbl system
    • Ability to do double batches as needed (so some larger fermenters and larger HLT)
    • Posibility of a 4 vessel brew system to expidite double batches.
    • Not opposed to used gear or re-purposed dairy equipment.
    • Stainless equipment only.

My early estimation at what we need for equipment is:
    • Boil kettle (probably electric)
    • Mash tun... maybe 2.
    • Double-sized HLT.
    • 2-3 single batch sized fermenters, jacketed.
    • 2 double batch sized fermenters (jacketed).
    • 2 double-sized brite tanks.
    • Pumps, plate chiller, glycol setup and all associated misc hardware.

Can anyone give me an idea of the best way to find approximate pricing without having secured a location so we can see exactly what equipment we can afford? I'd love it if we could find a used nano system or re-purposed dairy equipment. The goal is to keep the equipment under $30K in this first of 3 phases for the brewery, but if it has to go over, we'll find a way to make it work.

Thanks!

Chris,
    Labyrinth Brewing Company
    Last edited by Shred; 01-09-2016, 08:11 AM.
    Chris,
    Labyrinth Brewing Company

I bought my 3bbl system from China. Direct fire 3 vessel, I also bought a brite and two jacketed fermenters. The equipment was awesome and the price was well under your bottom line. Feel free to PM me for more info.

Pat

Comment

Can anyone give me an idea of the best way to find approximate pricing without having secured a location so we can see exactly what equipment we can afford? I'd love it if we could find a used nano system or re-purposed dairy equipment. The goal is to keep the equipment under $30K in this first of 3 phases for the brewery, but if it has to go over, we'll find a way to make it work.

Check out Co Brewing Systems in Ft. Collins
      I'm just finishing getting everything ready for the maiden voyage but they have plenty affordable options up to 4bbl.

Rick
      Two Fools Brewing

Comment

Working...
      X