Pump Gaskets/Seal replacements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pump Gaskets/Seal replacements

we have a Keg washer that we bought from brew-stuff.com about two years ago and the seal/gaskets have failed and looking to see if anyone also has the unit they sell and has had to get replacement parts. I tried looking everywhere for the parts with no luck. Attached it the gasket with the issue. if anyone has seen this gasket or could tell me where I might find one it would be greatly appreciated.Click image for larger version

Name:	gasket.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	194147

Look up the model of the pump and who made it instead.

Comment

There should be a data plate on the pump head with the info you need to find parts. The data plate might even be legible. The data plate on the motor is not the one you want.

If the data plate is missing, illegible, etc, contact brewstuff. You'll generally pay a premium buying parts from the equipment manufacturer. If that fails, contact a local shop that specializes in pump repair--again, you'll pay a premium, but they should be able to identify the pump for future purposes. I keep an Excel file of all pumps, motors and replacement parts, with a maintenance log for each, as the data plates often become unreadable over the years, or are located where it's very hard to read them.

BTW, pump seals should last for many years. If you're going through seals, look for a cause and rectify it--it'll pay off in aces. Pumps that move hot caustic chems or wort in particular should have water-washed seals--and most don't. This is often an option when you buy new seals--if not, try to mod it.
      Last edited by TGTimm; 02-18-2016, 09:46 AM.
      Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
      Terminal Gravity Brewing,
      Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Seal gasket

Hello,

It is very hard to tell from this picture as there is no way to tell the size but it looks like the seat gasket from a standard type 21 seal. See the attached picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Type 21 seal.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	190920

If this is it you could get it locally at any pump or industrial seal house. Even Granger, Acklands or Motion Industries will have them.
        Your CPE Systems Team!
        CPE Systems Inc.
        800-668-2268
        CPEsystems.com
        Thinkpumps.com
        sales@cpesystems.com

Comment

Working...
        X