Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to disassemble a spinning CIP ball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to disassemble a spinning CIP ball?

I came back from my weekend to find my assistant had recirculated jalapenos through the CIP ball on one of my tanks. There's no obvious way to disassemble it, but there is obvious jalapeno between the spinny bit and the inner wall of the non-spinny bit.

Fire

Self cleaning cycle in an oven?

Comment

If the sprayball is anything like ours, no.

Soak it in some very hot, stout caustic solution (maybe even boil it, and be careful), rinse the heck out of it, get some picks and/or long, thin, tweezers and get 'er done. I've had to clean TC gaskets out of the sprayballs after the gaskets had gone through a pump and been chewed to bits (just don't ask how they got there). An RPITA, but it can be done. At least your gunk is organic, and probably will succumb to the power of hot caustic.
      Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
      Terminal Gravity Brewing,
      Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

spinning spray ball

Originally posted by ProfHeartcraft View Post
        I came back from my weekend to find my assistant had recirculated jalapenos through the CIP ball on one of my tanks. There's no obvious way to disassemble it, but there is obvious jalapeno between the spinny bit and the inner wall of the non-spinny bit.
        Sorry about your mess, but after youfinally get it cleaned out, here is a tip for you to make it easy in the future. Most Cip systems are designed with inline strainers to protect spray balls from plugging and cause celaning problems. if you do not have a strainer or inline filter, and have "S"clamp fittings in your CIP supply line to your spinner, replace the normal "S" or "Triclamp" gasket with a "screen gasket" that has sufficient screen size to protect the spinner. They are very cheap, come in all sizes(1.5,2,3, etc.), and will save you a lot of headaches. If you see a decrease in volume , stop take the clamp apart and inspect the screen gasket. Hope this helps ! Dean of Clean

Comment

Working...
        X