Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carlson vs Pall vs Chinese lenticular housing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlson vs Pall vs Chinese lenticular housing?

Hey all, Looking into picking up a lenticular. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the filter housings? I'm looking at Carlson, Pall, and a Chinese housing (from alibaba). The Pall unit is the most expensive (by a decent amount), followed by the Carlson and then the Chinese one. They all look very simple and the price of the Pall/Carlson have me scratching my head as to why I wouldn't buy the Chinese unit? Bonus with the Chinese unit is I could purchase an extra lid/stem and use it as a single module housing at my current scale (4-hec) and upgrade it to the triple module housing/stem as I upgrade capacity (planning a 20-hec upgrade right now) to have less losses from a big housing for a small scale like what we're at now. Even with the extra lid/stem it still will come out cheaper than the Carlson, and much cheaper than the Pall. Looks like cartridges are similarly priced and can be swapped between the three as well. Just making sure I'm not missing any differences in the housings before ordering the cheap Chinese unit.

Thanks everyone!

We bought out 3X16" lenticular Housing from American Beer Equipment. had one issue with a pin size hole on the bell that developed during cleaning during cleaning and they replace immediately. Not and issue since then and I think we paid around $5000 US.

Comment

we have a 12" Pall unit that is rated to a 3 bar working pressure (~45 psi). it is very solidly built and well fabricated. Welding and polishing are all pharma grade.

I would not trust a cheapo Chinese unit without specifications. Some Chinese made equipment is very good, but without a way to verify what you are getting i would be reluctant.

As for the modules, some use a bayonet style locking fitting and some a flat gasket. I use pall supradisc II which use flat gaskets.

figure out which module you plan to use and then find a housing to fit it.

save $2000 now and have a poor quality housing, or spend the extra money and buy something well designed and made that will last???

Comment

We purchased a lenticular filter housing from Wenzhou Jhen Ten on Alibaba and everything was equal or better than a pall housing. The only parts that I wasn't happy with is the pressure gauges but they're an easy swap or you could just ask for higher quality ones.

Comment

Working...
        X