Heard of IREKS German Malt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heard of IREKS German Malt?

Hey guys, anyone here can give me some review on IREKS German base and speciality Malt.?
    They have quite a range of speciality malts.
    How would you rate this against Weyermann?
    We find supply chain to be an issue with Weyermann and we are on a lookout for a replacement.
    Suggestions are welcome.
    Cheers!

I used Ireks some years ago, never remember any issues. Not sure of your supply situation, but I currently use Best Malz for my German malts and really love them.

Comment

I use their Melanoidin in a beer and noticed very little difference when I switched from Weyermann. The only reason I switched was so I could get everything from one supplier and I'm happy I did. Nothing against Weyermann, they're great too.

Comment

Hey Amit!!

Hear you on the supply of Weyermann there! Guess they don't want to sell malt. Anyway, IREKS is a great malt. You'd be happy with it, I think. Good luck!
        Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Hi Phil

Originally posted by gitchegumee View Post
          Hear you on the supply of Weyermann there! Guess they don't want to sell malt. Anyway, IREKS is a great malt. You'd be happy with it, I think. Good luck!
          How is it going? I guess you had come down to Windmills earlier, if I am not wrong?. I was on leave back then. So far I have heard only good stuff about IREKS and think its time to give it a go. Thanks for the review.

Comment

Originally posted by ziggy13 View Post
            I use their Melanoidin in a beer and noticed very little difference when I switched from Weyermann. The only reason I switched was so I could get everything from one supplier and I'm happy I did. Nothing against Weyermann, they're great too.
            Yes that's probably the reason I am looking to change over. What about their base and speciality malts? Did you find much difference from Weyermann?

Comment

Your local Cargill rep can help you out with supply on Ireks. They list it under Meussdoeffer on their site. Good quality malt.
              Joel Halbleib
              Partner / Zymurgist
              Hive and Barrel Meadery
              6302 Old La Grange Rd
              Crestwood, KY
              www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Originally posted by Amit View Post
                Yes that's probably the reason I am looking to change over. What about their base and speciality malts? Did you find much difference from Weyermann?
                I've never used anything but Weyermann melanoidin to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                X