crown and cork filler - capping issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crown and cork filler - capping issues

We are having issues with out Crown and Cork filler, the capper is skipping caps. the machine is from the late 60's. Does anyone have any info or suggestions on solving this delima?

We greesed all fittings and the maching does not seem to be hanging up at all, but we suspect that the track pieces may be worn and not alowing the the cap to meet flush.

please help...
    Sean Larkin
    Founder and Brewer

Revival Brewing Co.
    Providence RI, 02903

sean@revivalbrewing.com
    revivalbrewing.com
    401 523 9923

What size crowner is it? Adcor Industries out of Baltimore is the OEM nowadays, if you need new parts

Comment

Dare I ask how badly? I know I would know if I had come to bottle day, but Crazy Extreme Brewing had hands on my time. Thanks for lunch by the way. Anyway, I have heard of re-magnatizing the tracks by simply rubbing a magnet on the entry so the caps come in flush. I guess I'll know better next week, but maybe this will help in the meantime. Peace out!
      "Uncle" Frank
      Frank Fermino
      Brewer I, Redhook, Portsmouth, NH
      Writer, Yankee Brew News, New England
      Wise-ass, Everywhere, Always

Comment

Crown Cork and Seal problems

Try Mike Connelly at Bevcorp in Ohio. He has parts and service, better prices than OEM. In the short term, magnets may be weak in each head. Make sure you do not over do it with air jets as crown will enter the head and bounce back. Also a wire or length of plastic after the crown chute which genthly pushes against the crown throath opening will help. Make it about 12" long. I have worked with lots of CCS fillers and they all need this it seems.
        S&H ramagruder@comcast.net

Comment

Working...
        X