Food grade glue for auger housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food grade glue for auger housing

Does anyone know of or use a particular food grade priming and glue combination for installing or repairing the PVC housing on a grain auger?

Thanks,
    Ken

Originally posted by Ken Martin View Post
    Does anyone know of or use a particular food grade priming and glue combination for installing or repairing the PVC housing on a grain auger?

Thanks,
    Ken
    I'm not sure if this will work in your case, but I've thermally welded PVC before to repair glycol piping. The welder looks like a giant soldering iron, with a blower and various tips. You can actually buy PVC welding rod. Who knew?

These are expensive, but maybe you can borrow one...It was at a large winery where I last used one.
    McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

Regards,
    Mike Sharp
    Last edited by rdcpro; 04-06-2016, 04:03 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

If it's PVC or ABS it is pretty easy to weld it, Harbor Freight has a junky plastic welder that you can get by with for a few small repairs. If you have a major job you need to do, a good body shop can do it. They use the commercial grade plastic welders to fix bumpers and things. Metabo makes a really nice plastic extruder (~$1700) that is basically a MIG welder for plastic also if you're looking for a new tool to spend money on.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll give a heat weld a shot.
        Ken

Comment

Working...
        X