Glue Guns and Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glue Guns and Systems

We have been using "contractor" glue guns from Grainger to glue our mother cartons together. We seem to be blowing through them at a rate of 1-2 a month. They only go for about $25, but it adds up. What are you using for glue systems and does anyone have an alternative? We have had several supplier reps suggest commercail glue guns and sytems ranging in price.
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    Kai Adams
    Sebago Brewing Company
    www.sebagobrewing.com

You might try these guys.

Cheers & I'm out!
    David R. Pierce
    NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
    POB 343
    New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Glue Gun

Hi Kai,

I have had great success with a 3M Polygun TC. It uses 3M JetMelt Adhesive. I shopped around a couple of years back and found a company in your neck of the woods that had good pricing.

Try C.W. Hayden in Auburn, ME

70 Years Of Putting Customers First. Leaders In Industrial, Marine and Safety Supplies. We offer the best industrial, marine and safety products for individuals and companies, paired with a dedicated team of product experts who take the time to understand every customer’s needs and make the best product recommendations.

The gun that I have used is part #: 021200-89445.
      POLYGUN TC-Q APPLICATOR WITH QUADRACK
      CONVERTER AND PALM TRIGGER

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
      Mike
      Michael Labbe
      Brewery Engineer / Director of Operations
      Lord Hobo Brewing Company
      5 Draper Street
      Woburn, MA 01801

Comment

Glue guns

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has any opinions on glue guns for cases of bottles. We are using a $25 gun from Lowe's and it isn't quite cutting the mustard.

Any favorites out there?

Comment

This is the gun we've used for the past 6 years.

http://www.gluemachinery.com/Champ600

It works very well but you have to be careful. One of our guys got second degree burns when he accidentally spilled hot glue on his hands!

Comment

Working...
          X