PDA

View Full Version : Manway gasket woes!

Ale Leen
04-12-2016, 09:57 AM
Hello to all in Forum land. I am in search of replacement "shadowed" manway gaskets for our 1995 DME 15bbl fermenters. My go-to guy Dwight at brewerygaskets.com says that these unfortunately are his nemesis. I bought a few replacements from DME directly but they are a much more flexible silicone material then what we had & we can't get the manway to seal. Have tried all 3 on one fermenter that we have emptied so far & are going to try them on our other fermenters as they become empty/available for cleaning. Will be looking for a custom manufacturer if all else fails! Any suggestions will be/are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Beers!

Eileen "Ale"Leen Martin, Head Brewster
Fountain Square Brewing Company
Indianapolis, IN 46203

eprohtessej
04-18-2016, 08:08 PM
Hello to all in Forum land. I am in search of replacement "shadowed" manway gaskets for our 1995 DME 15bbl fermenters. My go-to guy Dwight at brewerygaskets.com says that these unfortunately are his nemesis. I bought a few replacements from DME directly but they are a much more flexible silicone material then what we had & we can't get the manway to seal. Have tried all 3 on one fermenter that we have emptied so far & are going to try them on our other fermenters as they become empty/available for cleaning. Will be looking for a custom manufacturer if all else fails! Any suggestions will be/are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Beers!

Indianapolis, IN 46203
I know a gentleman (my father-in-law) in the custom gasket business. If you are interested I can give you his information.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

gasketman
04-19-2016, 03:01 PM

Beers!

Indianapolis, IN 46203

Hi Eileen,

Give us a call and we will get you fixed up. If we don't have an exact replacement we can certainly do something custom.

Dwight Clark
Brewery Gaskets