PDA

View Full Version : Ballpark Wages in Microbrewery

GlacierBrewing
06-22-2006, 09:32 PM
Howdy Hi all,
I'm trying to find out info about industry norms regarding various positions in a 10bbl microbrewery.
What is currently being paid for the following positions?
-Packaging Lead/Manager (draft & bottles)
-Head Brewer
-CellarMaster
-Graphic Design
-Compliance Officier

Any info is appreciated.

BigWilley
06-26-2006, 09:46 AM
The march/april 2006 New Brewer has what you are looking for. Total Barrelage per year, not brewhouse size is usually the determinant for salary ranges.

billk
07-26-2006, 06:14 AM
Is there somewhere to get a copy of that article. I don't have a subscription and I only see the ability to subscribe, not purchase back issues on their website.

Thanks,
Bill

GlassCityBrewer
01-16-2008, 02:12 PM
So could any one post some of these figures or the rates per barrelage?

beertje46
01-16-2008, 05:05 PM
I'll see if I can dig up that issue. I remember reading the article and don't recall there being listings for Graphic Design or Compliance Officier. If I remember correctly the article also contained bonus, health insurance and other bene packages by barrelage.

GlassCityBrewer
01-17-2008, 01:58 AM
I'll see if I can dig up that issue. I remember reading the article and don't recall there being listings for Graphic Design or Compliance Officier. If I remember correctly the article also contained bonus, health insurance and other bene packages by barrelage.

Cool, I was more or less wondering just to get an idea of the different positions.

Stuff like Brewer, Assistant Brewer, Cellar, etc.

so whatever info you can dig up would be awesome and much appreciated

tbeer
01-31-2008, 11:48 AM
You can actually buy all the back issues of New Brewer...though it would set you back about 500 bucks.

I'm looking for the same kind of info, though it's not worth 500 dollars to me.

theburden
01-31-2008, 12:02 PM
Cool, I was more or less wondering just to get an idea of the different positions.

Stuff like Brewer, Assistant Brewer, Cellar, etc.

so whatever info you can dig up would be awesome and much appreciated

The brewpub #'s only had about 27 respondents if I remember correctly. Not a very representative sampling.