Tapping into C-Stores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tapping into C-Stores

Alright, I don't know if this thread will be helpful to anyone or if it's already common sense, but I wanted to pass along some info that *I* have first hand knowledge of from my non-Brewing career in the hopes it could help some craft breweries gain wider distribution.

First off, I work for a major oil refining company with a large nationwide retail presence. I work in the refining and business development segment of the company, but have a little bit of exposure to our retail operations.

There is a trade magazine called "Beverage Spectrum" which is geared towards beverage retailers and C-stores. As you might guess, the magazine tends to focus on items like energy drinks, bottle water and of course beer. While I can't attest to how much the advertisments and write ups in this magazine play into the decisions of what to stock our stores with- I do know that it is at least read by the people who make those decisions in my company.

Again, I don't know how helpful this is, or if you production brewers are already utilizing it - but I thought I'd pass it along.
    Scott Metzger
    Freetail Brewing Co.
    San Antonio, TX
Working...
X