Brewery in government leased space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewery in government leased space

Does anyone have any insight on the legality of putting a brewery in a government-owned space? Is this against any of the TTB regulations, or might this be a state thing? I'm looking at a space in a small town's Town Center. It's an event center that has a separate space they lease for long term tenants. The town is all about putting a brewery in there. I've got zoning clearance and permission from all the town officials. The thing is, this town has only been wet for a few years, and this would be the first brewery inside the town, so I'm just not sure if they are aware of all proper regulations beyond just local zoning.

I'm assuming the ABC board here in NC and the TTB wouldn't have an issue with this, as I haven't found any literature about this being off-limits. It's just a town government acting as a landlord. But I can't get anyone to answer this at TTB over the phone and was hoping someone here might know before I move into further planning. Thanks for your help!

Our building is owned by the city. Simply said.....they are the landlord and they are listed as such on the ttb and abc application. Both approved without issue.

For us dealing with the city was great, no CUP, no permit process, fire code waivers, etc......our city wanted us there bad too, cheap rent, paid water and trash, yeah we got lucky, but we still aren't open!!!!!! Soon though!

Comment

Federally owned

I was wondering this same thing, but the property is federally owned park, former military base.

Comment

Working...
      X