Planning to expand production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning to expand production

With these first 5 questions with we'd like to start the ball rolling with 5 frequently asked questions and the answers to those questions provided by the moderator, Pro Refrigeration.

Q - I am planning to expand production significantly over the next 5-10 years. Is there a way to expand the capacity of my chiller system as I grow?
    Last edited by Brewinfo; 07-12-2006, 11:46 AM.

A plan for expansion

There definitely is and we have had numerous customers successfully go this route. A typical scenario might look like this: The brewery starts with a 12 HP System with an oversized Glycol Reservoir that has expansion ports factory supplied. A couple years later the brewery increases production and installs a 12 HP expansion chiller module, doubling their capacity. After the next expansion it might be determined that in addition to more capacity, they also need to increase the glycol flow. At this time the existing Process Pump can be replaced, or an additional pump could be installed to supplement the existing pump.
    The best thing that any brewery can do is talk extensively with your cooling contractor or supplier and devise a plan as early as possible. Like any good planning, it will pay big dividends in the future.

Comment

Working...
    X