Sq ft needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sq ft needed

Hello, first time posting here. In the early stages of planning our brewery in a small town and are looking at a 3 to 7 bbl system to start. There are several locations we're looking at but I'm wondering what a good size footprint would be needed for that range of setup...1000 sf, 2000 sf? This would just be for the brewery, I'd also have to add in additional room for the tasting room later. Thanks

I have a 10/20 system with a 49 person occupancy taproom that I was able to squeeze into 2400 square feet. Excluding the fridge, the equipment fits into about 700 of it. I ordered my equipment first and then sat down with my architect afterwards to figure out what locations could be feasible and then designed it from there. It became much easier to design the brewery once I knew exactly what I had to deal with.

Comment

Not sure where I picked these figures up from, but they seem to be pretty accurate in terms of the absolute minimum space required. The minimum is very tight, but can work - just, but I would always go for more, especially if you think you might expand

Yearly Output (hl) 1000 1500 2000 3000
      Brewhouse size (hl) 10 10 15 20
      Minimum area requirement brewery (m2) 130 130 180 220
      Malt storage (m2) 15 15 20 40
      Hop storage 4 4 4.5 5

Best advice is to get a pencil and paper, draw out your floor plan, and then fit in the vessels to scale, then allow for all the other crap that a brewery needs - chillers, working space, CIP set, gas bottles, cleaning materials storage etc, room for kegs, both full and empty, keg washer, bottling line bottles both full and empty, etc etc.

10 hl = about 8.5 US brl
      dick

Comment

serving tank setup

Sent you a PM.

Comment

Working...
        X