precoat problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• precoat problems

Hi. I have a 4m2 Velo filter. My problem is that my precoat does not coat evenly. i get a thick coating at the bottom plates, and nearly nothing at the top plates. The higher up, less coating. I tried many variations of adding the precoat, but now i´m stuck.. As a result on the bad precoat, kiselguhr slip through the mesh, ends up in the trap filter, so that get stuck..

Any tips or ideas?

How many hl/h are you running through your filter during your precoat?

Comment

I've tried everything from 15-70 /h. As i understand and what i've done with other filters is to try to speed up as much as possible through precoat. I've tried fast, slow, with high pressure, with top valve opened and so on. I've eben thought about removing the top two or three screens..

Comment

just a quick thought , are you using a cellulose initial coat? A couple cups per sq meter, just enough to lay down a paper width layer to help with bleed through and will also help in release at end.

Jim

Aftek filtration

1-800-240-5366

Comment

Hi, yes i have cellulose before the guhr. Same thing there, difficult to get it to the top plates. On the lowest plates, everything is fine. But the coating gets worse the higher i get..

Comment

Swedish Brewer

If you send me a PM your personal email, I will send you some info on horizontal leaf filters. Not specifically Velo as I have never used a Velo, but it might give you a few clues as good filtration practice with a horizontal leaf filter.
            dick

Comment

Working...
            X