Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with PPM Paragigm Filler

Hello all,
    We just got our filler ready for beer after two weeks of hunting down all the aftermarket supplies not included and have run into a few problems. I was hoping any past or current users might enlighten us on thier setting for the following:

1st pre evac time
    1st co2 time
    2nd pre evac time
    2nd co2 time
    pre fill boost time
    fill time
    pushback time
    presnift delay time
    snift time

we are using 40 degree F beer at 2.1 to 2.5 vols. any insight would be greatly appreciated and would warrent a pint or four next time you pass throught Fairfield Ca.
    Thanks
    Nick Campbell, Blue Frog Grog & Grill
    Nicholas Campbell

Nick,

You might want to give Morgan at EJ Phair in Concord,
    he has one of those fillers.

Steve
    Valley Brew, Stockton

Comment

Hello,

I have the smaller, two fill heads, two crowning heads table top model, but it has the same features.

Feel free to give me a call, and I would be happy to scroll through our current settings.

Some initial thoughts though; I think you may find your temperature is a little high. We run our PPM with the beer in the BT at 33-34*F running through an insulated line, and we have covered the bowl (well, its really a tube for the PPMs) with insulation as well. And yet still we sometimes have trouble keeping the beer cool enough for smooth filling. You may not have this same problem though as our CO2 level is a little higher than you run. We used to fill at 2.8 vol figuring we could lose 0.1 to 0.2 vol during bottling, but were having a little trouble with excess foaming at that level, so now we usually shoot for around 2.5 vol. We also found we need fairly high gas pressures on the purge / counter pressure / push back settings. Feel free to give a call for all the details!

Cheers,
      Ron
      Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales
      734-426-4962 (EST)

Comment

settings for PPM filler

We somtimes use a two head ppm filler which I believe is similar. My landlord owns it and just got done reprograming the cycles so that both heads could operate independenly. He also had to insulate the lines.You can contact him at chattanoogaubrew@bellsouth.net

Comment

PPM Filler

Contact Andrew Hazen at Andrews Brewing in Lincolnville Maine. He has a lot of experience with these fillers and has made many aftermarket modifications.
          Good Luck

(207) 763-3305
          Kai Adams
          Sebago Brewing Company
          www.sebagobrewing.com

Comment

Working...
          X