PDA

View Full Version : Priming in Disposable Kegs

weiht
12-29-2016, 09:54 AM
Hi there,

Anyone have primed in Dolium or one way kegs? I plan to bottle condition some beers (Saisons), and was also going to fill the kegs in the same manner. I like the beer to benefit from refermentation, and was wondering if anyone else been priming in these kegs.

My concern is safety, as Saison are usually at 3.0vol CO2 and I really want to avoid any kegs exploding.

cmfso
11-16-2017, 08:11 AM
We do it everytime we keg (keykeg) ... we have made a T derivation with john guest's with a one way valve and them we just seringe with the prime solution

brain medicine
11-28-2017, 03:39 PM
We do it everytime we keg (keykeg) ... we have made a T derivation with john guest's with a one way valve and them we just seringe with the prime solution

Hi there,

Anyone have primed in Dolium or one way kegs? I plan to bottle condition some beers (Saisons), and was also going to fill the kegs in the same manner. I like the beer to benefit from refermentation, and was wondering if anyone else been priming in these kegs.

My concern is safety, as Saison are usually at 3.0vol CO2 and I really want to avoid any kegs exploding.

how do you guys like using those plastic kegs? we have a nano in baja mexico where i would like to start selling kegs, but the import tax to transport steel kegs from the US into mexico is almost 20%. i've seen plastic kegs show up from time to time, but ive wondered about cost/durability/etc.

any opinions on how they've worked for you guys?

cmfso
11-29-2017, 11:12 AM
They work just fine ... just have to pay atention to pressure, but it's easy to release some extra pressure with the keg head with a pressure valve.