Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• logo redesign, branding push contract/cost

Hey all,
    looking for general advice. Very new to this world.

I have been approached by a Marketing/branding freelancer who is eager to help us grow.

At this point we have done nothing but throw a few FB posts and pictures up as well as a couple on instagram. I have done NO marketing and the logo was a quick design by me over the course of a few hours... needless to say it's time to get serious as our beer has found great enthusiasm.

What is a typical branding/marketing contract look like?
    Whats an average cost of a logo redesign?
    I have been told by him that a typical logo redesign will take over 100hrs?? And at a rate of over 100$/hr.

Do you guys and gals sign a contract promising a percentage of sales?
    how about a portion of profits from a sale of the company?
    both of these he is asking for.

Just trying to get a general idea of what you all have done regarding branding/marketing if anything.

Thanks to anyone willing to give their two cents!

Greg

Run. Run like the wind.

Comment

logo / branding

Sort of what I thought.

What are you guys and gals doing for this sort of thing.

He was trying to tell me he was giving us a great "deal".

didn't feel right.

Comment

Originally posted by Sublimenh31 View Post

What is a typical branding/marketing contract look like?
        Whats an average cost of a logo redesign?
        I have been told by him that a typical logo redesign will take over 100hrs?? And at a rate of over 100$/hr.
        I don't know about a logo redesign, but a rebranding project can take a long time, and cost easily that much per hour, depending on the agency. I'd expect a logo redesign by a freelancer to be much MUCH smaller in scope.

Originally posted by Sublimenh31 View Post

Do you guys and gals sign a contract promising a percentage of sales?
        how about a portion of profits from a sale of the company?
        both of these he is asking for.
        This is a huge red flag. You should hire consultants/designers etc. on a "work for hire" basis, and they retain no IP or design rights. Furthermore, you should make sure that you are indemnified if they should use copyrighted material in the project that they do not own the rights to. For example, a new website sounds great, then the actual owner of the design sees your site, and hits you up for infringement.

Caveat: I'm not an attorney, but I've worked as a consultant for many years. You should be able to find a standard contract that spells the "work for hire" aspect out. This is really something you should consult an attorney on if you're not familiar with the process.

Regards,
        Mike

Comment

Working...
        X