Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keg Identification Plate

Fellow Forumites,

There are several kegs in our float with an ID plate spot welded to the chime as in the photo below. These were purchased probably 10 years ago, before I started with the brewery and no one seems to know where we had purchased these. I've seen kegs from other brewers with these sorts of ID plates spot welded to their kegs, so it leads me to believe that there may be someone out there set up to stamp these things?

Does anyone know where I can find someone to stamp these for me?

Thanks,

Corey

Click image for larger version

Name:	Keg ID Plate.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	194764

Try a local machine shop. It looks like they were stamped into thin gauge stainless and spot welded on.
    Linus Hall
    Yazoo Brewing
    Nashville, TN
    www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

From the factory you can have you name stamped into the chime of the keg. I agree that this is an aftermarket solution that is probably not a bad way of marking your kegs to prevent theft and resale.

Comment

Rick, I'm thinking that you're probably right. The kegs we have that have these plates were probably purchased from Sabco back in the day. I've reached out to them but haven't gotten a response yet.

I've also put some feelers out to some local machine shops to try to get an idea of what we can have done here in town.

And TiminOz, we do have our kegs embossed from the factory when we buy new, but we got a good deal on some used kegs from a local brewer (no Freight either! Bonus!), so we're looking for an economical way to brand them a bit more permanently than a wrap/sticker/paint.

Thanks for the responses, and I will keep digging.

Corey

Comment

Working...
        X