Brewery FloorPlan in CAD??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewery FloorPlan in CAD??

Does anyone know how to do a brewery layout in AutoCAD? I have been asked by a supplier and I am not very good at that program, nor do I have it. Ive watched some videos on YouTube and its outta my league. Will pay! Thanks

AutoCAD is super expensive, and takes a while to learn. I used to use it when I was an engineer and even back in 1995 I didn't know how to use half the features. It's great for 3D modelling but I think it is overkill for just laying out equipment in a brewery.

A quick and easy way to lay out equipment it to use Excel. Size the rows and columns so that you make a square grid, and make each "block" equal to one foot or six inches or whatever scale you want. You can draw circles and rectangles for your equipment to scale, and move them around the plat pretty easily. Different items can be grouped together so that you can move them as one unit - for instance, rotating a brewhouse or moving an entire bottling line over a few feet.

I've used Excel to lay out our equipment in a couple breweries now and it's always been fine for my needs. And printouts of the layout in Excel have always been sufficient for the TTB and state and local license applications.
    Linus Hall
    Yazoo Brewing
    Nashville, TN
    www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

Are you working with an architect or MEP firm for any of the rest of your project? They would be able to very easily produce the drawings you need for the supplier.

As an alternate, you could create the drawings to scale in Sketchup. I have not personally used it, but the AE firm I work for uses it extensively for preliminary building modeling, and it seems pretty straight forward. I believe there is also a free or professional version.
      Brandon Besser, P.E.
      "He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom" - Gandalf

Comment

Originally posted by bbesser View Post
        Are you working with an architect or MEP firm for any of the rest of your project? They would be able to very easily produce the drawings you need for the supplier.

As an alternate, you could create the drawings to scale in Sketchup. I have not personally used it, but the AE firm I work for uses it extensively for preliminary building modeling, and it seems pretty straight forward. I believe there is also a free or professional version.
        There is a free version of Sketchup (and it's pretty easy to use), but if I'm not mistaken, you can't export to DXF unless you have the pro version. But I think there may be third party plugins for it that can do this.

Regards,
        Mike Sharp

Comment

Do you have plans already? Or do you just have sketches you want to get put in AutoCAD?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

layout

Hi

WE CAN HELP build brewery tanks and we can help with layouts and consulting

Wayne Ripley

1-250-494-9310n ext 103

thanks

Comment

If this is your brewery system supplier they should be able to provide you with a CAD drawing from your basic site dimensions. Most often reputable suppliers work with you or your architect to get the final layout completed.

Comment

This is coming from a brewery designer. They are going to do the drawing, they were just seeing if we had one. I have a sketch on paper of our set-up, just need it more professionally done.

Comment

I am a Registered Architect. Keep in mind that any drawings come with liability to their author. If a company is willing to provide them for you, that's great, but don't expect any real professional that understands their exposure to provide them on the cheap. Your best bet, if they're willing to provide them, is with your equipment provider.
                  Kevin Shertz
                  Chester River Brewing Company
                  Chestertown, MD

Comment

I agree, that totally makes sense. They are working on it, I just have to be on the ball with measurements, dimensions and everything else.

Comment

Working...
                    X