Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bottle gripper

hello all,

we currently run an old meheen filler. we have the meheen bottle gripper. it works fairly well, except that we get bulk bottles. the gripper is designed to pick up bottles in a perfect 4 x 4 grid, whereas bulk bottles are offset row to row. does anyone know of a way to easily unpack bulk bottles that does not cost a fortune?

thanks,

sam

Hi Sam,
    Have you contacted Dave Meheen about him making an offset bottle gripper? Seems to me it's just a matter of where to drill the holes.
    Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Bottle Sorter for bulk glass

We made a device to sort nested bulk bottles using plexiglass and 1x2 wood handles with hinges. You simply place the device over the appropriate amount of bottles in the trapezoidal shape (having manually removed the row of bottles around the perimeter to an adjacent work table) and then slide & straighten to the square or rectangular shape for the bottle grabber. We have a six-head Meheen so we pick 24 at a time.

Send me a message if you'd like a picture or better description.

Comment

matt,
        if you could email me a picture of your device, i would appreciate it.

sam_redlodgeales@yahoo.com

thanks,

sam

Comment

Large volumes

I recently saw a nice, cheap system installed in a brewery and it worked great.
          The depalletized a full pallet layer of bottles in one go.

The system was designed by one of the enigeers at the brewery and consisted of a metal frame with cloth inflatable hoses attached to it (parallel in lines to the frame). The distance between the hoses was equal to the distance between the bottle rows.
          The frame was lowered (steel cable attached to the center of the frame and to a lifter on a structure overhead) to above the pallet of bottles and the hoses were lowered in between the rows of bottles. A push on a button on the frame inflated the cloth hoses and cushioned the bottles between two of the inflatable hoses.
          They lifted 371 bottles off a pallet layer in one smooth movement without any drops.

Another option is to take a look at the Anver website. The make custom holding plates.

Let me know if you need any help.

BelgianBrewer
          Last edited by BelgianBrewer; 04-05-2008, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by redlodge.sam View Post
            matt,
            if you could email me a picture of your device, i would appreciate it.

sam_redlodgeales@yahoo.com

thanks,

sam
            Hey Sam,

Just stepped into the world of meheen, bottle grabbers are sweet, but same issue...did you ever get a picture of this invention to square them off?

Many thanks,
            Jeff
            Jeff Rosenmeier (Rosie)
            Chairman of the Beer
            Lovibonds Brewery Ltd
            Henley-on-Thames, Englandshire
            W: www.lovibonds.com
            F: LovibondsBrewery
            T: @Lovibonds

Comment

Answered my own questions...by heading the the info rich http://discussions.probrewer.com/sho...en-users-unite! thread.

Check this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlwzV-6k3-E at 1:04 to see a simple solution with plexiglass and duct tape, cheers Linus!

Cheers,
              Jeff
              Jeff Rosenmeier (Rosie)
              Chairman of the Beer
              Lovibonds Brewery Ltd
              Henley-on-Thames, Englandshire
              W: www.lovibonds.com
              F: LovibondsBrewery
              T: @Lovibonds

Comment

Working...
              X