CIP - 5bbl - looking for advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIP - 5bbl - looking for advice

Hi All, with a 5bbl size electric brewhouse and tanks, what CIP setup would you recommend? Can I use my HLT and run the chems through a 1.5hp pump and circulate that way, or some other way, or do I need to invest in a fancy CIP tank/cart? Anyone with similar size equip, please share what you do. Would prefer to avoid spending the cash on a dedicated CIP system/tanks at this point. Thanks, JBrewer

Originally posted by jbrewer View Post
    Hi All, with a 5bbl size electric brewhouse and tanks, what CIP setup would you recommend? Can I use my HLT and run the chems through a 1.5hp pump and circulate that way, or some other way, or do I need to invest in a fancy CIP tank/cart? Anyone with similar size equip, please share what you do. Would prefer to avoid spending the cash on a dedicated CIP system/tanks at this point. Thanks, JBrewer
    You can certainly make up the solution in the tank and then circulate via a pump within the tank. Be cautious when using hot water with caustic as the mixing process is exothermic and splattering may occur. If you do several vessels at a time, you can even transfer the solution to another vessel, titrate and keep on going. Make sure you perform an ambient pre-rinse first and thoroughly rinse in between each cycle step. Do check what pressure and volume your CIP spray ball requires as too low or too high pressure can cause problems. A variable frequency drive is a great low cost investment for CIP allocations as it allows you to get the volume and speed just right for each tank and application. You can contact me directly with additional questions.

Dirk Loeffler
    Loeffler Chemical Corporation
    loeffler.dirk@loefflerchemical.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Loeffler Chemical Corporation
    (404) 629-0999
    800-769-5020 (US & Canada only)
    www.loefflerchemical.com

Comment

Working...
    X